(Day 53)
We woke up especially late this morning, got our backpacks ready, and checked out of our guesthouse. (oh, oh, side note: the lady who owns our guesthouse has a husband whose snore sounds like a cat's meow; weirdest thing ever). We went back to the Bakery we went to yesterday, and I literally repeated got the same exact thing. I'm telling you now, those fluffy blueberry cream cheese filled pastries are the definition of heaven on earth.
After a quick stop at Baskin Robbins, we took a taxi to the airport and flew to Danang. The flight was really quick.
From Danang we shared a taxi with a French couple to Hoi An. We got dropped off right in front of our beautiful guesthouse, the Hoa Binh. I've loved this place a lot. We each have our own beds, and there is a complimentary all-you-can-eat breakfast served every morning from 6-10 am. All for $9/night each. Not bad!
Hoi An is a beautiful city. It is definitely one of my favorite places so far. It has a truly mystical atmosphere. It is one place that has matched the ideal "Asian" settings. There are red and yellow lanterns glowing all around the city, and the buildings are very old. Some are from the 1600s!
We ate dinner at a beautiful, very classy restaurant near the river. I tried, for the first time, one of my current favorite Vietnamese dishes: Bon Xeo. It is a Vietnamese Crepe that contains shrimp, sprouts, and some other ingredients that I am currently unaware of. You wrap the Crepe with rice paper and fill it with other herbs and lettuces. There is a delicious, slightly spicy dipping sauce you use to add some zest to the already vividly flavorful dish. It is amazing! I wish I could have this every day of my life.
After dinner, we explored the city a bit more. I seriously love this city!
No comments:
Post a Comment