Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Suit-shopping, Bale Well restaurant, oreos and milk.

(Day 54)

The majority of our day was spent shopping around at all of the Trip Advisor-suggested tailor shops trying to find the best deal on fitted suits. After lots of looking and price-comparing, we found a place. The shop is run by Vietnamese women who are very animated, and are great at sales. We've actually had a lot of fun with these ladies.

I decided to buy a Charcoal Grey suit and a Dark Navy Blue one. I also bought a vest for the Grey, an extra pair of pants for the grey, and six shirts. The suits are made of wool, cashmere, and silk. They seem to be high-quality. I'm excited to finally have a suit that is tailor-made! I'm going to be looking good. I've always liked dressing up, but I think I will like it even more when it's clothes that actually fit my body.

In the evening, we went to a Lonely Planet-suggested restaurant called Bale Well. We ate like kings. They had Satay-Pork, which is similar to Ban Xeo, but there's a lot more meat involved. It was all-you-can-eat, so we filled our bellies. I washed it all down with a nice cold can of Coca-Cola. It was marvelous.

We later went out for a late night snack. We bought some oreos and milk. Mmmmmm! You can take the boy out of America, but you can't take the American out of the boy. Is that how the saying goes?

No comments:

Post a Comment