Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Day of relaxation and wandering and room 620

(Day 5)

Upon waking this morning, I immediately went down to pay for another day in the same room. Everything went well for me. Unfortunately, the other two rooms the other guys were in were sold out for the day. Luckily, I was able to get a refund and we found a place right across the street where we could all be in the same room again. The guesthouse was called New Siam. The room we were given was on the sixth floor which was located up in the loft. It was extremely hot up there, but it was a really awesome room.

I was able to get my clothes washed (40 baht per kilo of clothing) and it felt exquisite to just sit and relax. We have been on the go for the past 6 days and this was a much needed day of relaxation.

After we couldn't stand being cooped up in the room anymore, we went walking around some of the parts of Bangkok we hadn't explored yet. We found a really neat location which featured sculptures of giant monks. Each monk was extraordinarily detailed with hair, painting, wetness of the eyes, etc. It was incredible! There was one monk that looked like a Thai version of my dad. I'll have to post it up and see if anyone thinks so. hah!

We bought some soda from a street vendor. The soda is mostly distributed in bottles here, but they recycle them (they do the same thing in Chile). Thus, when you buy a bottle of soda off the street, you either have to drink it right then and there in order to give it back, or they give it to you in a bag. So we decided to go with the bag option. Soda in a bag is fun. I think it would be perfect for the soda-aholics of America (which is almost 100% of the population) who can't go more than a few minutes without taking a hit of soda. A bag would allow us to inject it intravenously.

After getting back to the room, we just listened to music, relaxed, and took naps. At this point, everything was starting to feel like a vacation.

For dinner we went to the Shoshana which serves Thai and Israeli food. I got schwarma (or something similarly spelled). It was very akin to gyros. I loved it.

We retired to bed in peace and plenty. Tomorrow we travel to Chiang Mai.


No comments:

Post a Comment