(Day 22)
After a complimentary hotel breakfast (which was about as good as we paid for it), we went to the bus station to take a ride to Don Det. We thought we would get on a bus, similar to the buses we had been riding. Nope. We were stuffed into a big tuk tuk like sardines stuffed into a can. I started to feel empathy for a Vienna sausage. We spent over 3 hours in this situation. It was almost inhumane. hah! The good news is, we met some awesome Italian ladies who told us about some of their traveling experiences. They were super informative and gave us some great ideas for if we ever wanted to travel through Italy.
After what seemed like an eternity (actually, it wasn't that bad), we finally made it to Si Phan Don, or the 4,000 islands. We took a ferry to the beautiful Don Det island. We found a bungalow right on the river, on the sunset side of the island.
After settling in, we rented some bikes and explored the island. Arrio got hit by a Tuk Tuk driver, but managed to get about with only a few scratches (thank goodness!). The island is beautiful and laid back, without a doubt.
We met a young Chilean girl who was traveling with her pololo. It was so great to talk with her in Spanish. I love the Chilean people and long for the day that I can return to that beautiful country. All of the guys (including me) fell in love with this Chilean girl, but, of course, we knew it would never come to pass, and if it did, we would all destroy each other before any one of us ended up with her. I've thought about writing a fictional novel about this idea. Nobody steal my idea!
For dinner, you wouldn't believe what we had. Indian food, again. And, guess what I got!? Chicken Tikka Masala, again.
I fell asleep under my mosquito net while Dalton was talking to me. I hope he forgives me for that.
No comments:
Post a Comment