Friday, January 16, 2015

Morning meditation, Thai breakfast, Motorized scooters, waterfalls, villages, elephants, waterfall slides, losing a key, reunion with Thara

(Day 11)

I awoke this morning with the Sabbath day in mind. I went out to the front deck and sat on the bench, studied the scriptures, and meditated. It was a beautiful sunny day in Pai.

Breakfast was amazing. I got what was called "Thai breakfast". I'm not sure exactly what was in it, but it was rice and chicken broth. It was seriously one of the best tasting breakfasts I've had in my life. Fresh fruit was also part of the breakfast.

We rented some motorized scooters and drove to various waterfalls and hot springs around Pai. We met some Israelis at one of the waterfalls. Driving the scooters is one of the best ways to see the land. We passed through some beautiful villages with rice fields and we even saw elephants. We drove all around Pai.

At one of the waterfalls, we slid down the rocks next to the waterfall. It was a natural water slide.

Arrio lost his key to his scooter (which made us all panic), but luckily Blake found them in one of the creeks. Again, good fortune has accompanied us everywhere on this trip.

As we got back home at the end of the night, we found Thara again! She ended up having dinner with us, and then we all got massages. It was the best massage I've ever gotten. The fellow who worked on me was definitely a well-trained expert.

(Sorry for the extremely terse post, I have a lot to write and very little time to write it in).

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment