Friday, January 23, 2015

Law school, floating to rope swing, swimming, UN girl who gave us advice on Cambodia

(Day 23)

Well, I got accepted to the University of Oregon law school with a $30,000 a year scholarship (the full-tuition is $36,000, so not bad). This gave me a boost of confidence, but I'm still hoping to bet into BYU law. I woke up this morning to an e-mail from the University of Nebraska asking me to upload a transcript for CBC. I'm a little bit stressed as to how I'm going to accomplish this while I'm here in Laos.

Back to the here and now. We rented some inter tubes and floated down the turquoise Mekong river. We stopped at a rope swing along the way and had some major fun getting tossed into the river like rag dolls. We did some wrestling on logs, and had a great time. It was refreshing.

We ate lunch on the river, did some chores (returned our bicycles, inter tubes, and did our laundry), and then we met a woman from Scotland who lives in Cambodia working for the UN. We picked her brain about Cambodia because that's where we're headed next, the day after tomorrow. 

1 comment:

  1. Forget law school you should be a writer! Thanks for sharing your adventures. Of course I really perk up when I see Dalton's name. He is my favorite character in this adventure. No offense.

    Drue

    ReplyDelete